Clean Sports India launched nation wide campaign to Save Sports Bill. A letter of supports was organized to Ajay Maken with about 80 sports persons which includes several Arjuna Awardees. Please Click Here to see the letter of support to save the bill.
Cleans Sports India has been mobilizing public opinion to bring a Sports Law to make Sports Federations functioning more transparent and accountable. To read more about the background please click here.
Main Features of the Sports Development Bill:
- It aims to bring transparency and accountability in the functioning of sports federations and associations by bringing them under Right to Information ACT.
- It makes mandatory to have 25% of Executive Committees of sports federations to be filled with former sports persons through elections.
- It limits the age up to 70 years and tenure up to two terms of four years to office bearers of sports federations. The Presidents can have 3 terms of four years.
Please Click Here to see the draft bill on the Ministry of Sports Website:
You can further contact below mentioned people if you want support Campaign:
- Rajkumar Sangwan – Chairman – 09811211122
- Moraad A Khan – Convener – 09910013795
- Sunita Godara – Convener(Media) – 09213396634
- Sanjeev Choudhury – Paralympic Golf – 9990004033
- Kripa Shankar – Boxing
- Minakshi Pahuja – Swimming – 9811093500
- Khajan Singh – Swimming – 09868239060
- Rajpal – Judo – 09811046537
- Piyush Jain – Basketball & PEFI – 9212799477